Saturday, December 06, 2008

I'm Not Dead

The above title to Pink's fourth album (why would anyone name their album that) says it all. In case anyone's been questioning the extra long hiatus, it's law school finals time again! Hopefully I'll be able to squeeze in a post in between all the cramming and crying, but until my final test on the 17th, don't hold out too much hope for an avalanche of entries. For anyone considering going to law school, my one piece of warning is: be prepared to have the joy completely sucked out of the period from Thanksgiving to Christmas for the next three years.

The only word to describe the time is: Ugly. People stop smiling, people stop going outside, and generally taking care of themselves. For most it's just locking yourself up in a two week nightmare of coffee, re-printed notes, practices tests, and study guides; all in a desperate effort to mercilessly force your brain into allowing in one more useless piece of legal doctrine. If I wasn't so lazy, I'd be in far worse shape.

If only the school library was more like the Tears For Fears video, full of wonder, romance, synthesizers, monkeys, and Roland Orzabal.


No comments:

Post a Comment