Sunday, July 05, 2015

Victor's Ultimate Birthday "Meh"-ga Mix '15

It's been a week since the 2015 edition of the Mega Mix dropped so as tradition dictates, here come the misses. As I write this post up during the waning hours of a delightful three day weekend, I find the timing to be utterly appropriate. We had our highs, we had our fun but now it's time to experience the other side of the coin.

It's probably a good thing right? For there to be light you need darkness? You can't have the sweet without the sour or something like that? I didn't see it, but I think that's the lesson of "Inside Out"? I mean, the message can't be that you can't let the joy part of your brain run your whole life right?

Half baked pseudo-philosophical questions aside, I do want to point out that it's kind of an honor to be chosen for the "Meh"-ga Mix. They'll be remembered years down the line over another generally pleasant but ultimately unnotable track. At the very least, they are interesting; and for me it's always better to be interesting than just plain fine.

One note about this year's mix. Since I only take two tracks per original mix given to me, plus just one track from the theme mix I got, I found myself with only seven tracks. Since 8tracks requires a minimum of eight tracks (imagine that?), I threw in Ray Stevens' chart topping 1974 hit "The Streak"; one of the my least favorite songs I can remember (which is odd since I usually love ridiculous songs from the 70s).

Roll the ugliness...

      

No comments:

Post a Comment