Thursday, July 30, 2009

Picture This!

Today's edition of "Picture This!" is an especially esoteric one, connecting multiple decades of pop culture obscurity.

As I mentioned to my friends a while back, 80's British pop singer Yazz of "The Only Way is Up" fame rocked an awfully similar look to:

90's diet guru, motivational speaker, and general crazy person, Susan Powter!

Apparently none of them look like this anymore, but then again none of them are famous anymore either. Perhaps there is a correlation. Regardless, put any one of these crazy eyed, blond, short haired women in a bright pastel colored, Designing Women-esque power suit with massive shoulder pads and you've basically captured the exact opposite of what I want in a woman in terms of beauty and aesthetics.

1 comment:

  1. I love that song. I think I put it on a mix for you at one point. I used to listen to it every morning on my way to work.

    I have precious few memories of Susan Powter, except maybe the impression that Kirstie Alley did of her in...I wanna say '93?

    My real question is why the dreaded Sinead OC didn't make it into this post. Too busy with your career for us I imagine.

    ReplyDelete