Sunday, August 05, 2018

Victor's Ultimate Mega Mix '18

Things tend to slow down as one gets older including the time it takes from getting mixes on your birthday (mid May) to actually putting together the yearly best of Mega Mix (early August).

On the plus side though, this isn't even the longest delay in putting out a Mega Mix. Just two years ago it took me until late August to get my post out. The worst of "Meh"-ga Mix came out in early September! So really I'm doing better than the spry young me of two years ago. Not too shabby.

This year's list on 8Tracks will literally be 8 tracks. The musical harvest was a little thin this year. I'm blaming it on Brexit, increased US trade tariffs, and of course those darn millennials. Still, while the quantity has lowered the quality still remains high.

Once again my friends' familiarity with my mix tastes (which I'm sure is influenced in no small part from my years of putting out these critical lists) make it harder and harder to make these cuts. It's something I say pretty much every year, but it is quite true.

I also just wanted to quickly note that I am a little bit surprised that 8Tracks is still around. When I saw all the restrictions and limitations they put on the site last year, it seemed to signal a MoviePass-esque death spiral into bankruptcy and oblivion. I'm glad that it (and I) are still here in 2018.

Let's pump up the jams!



No comments:

Post a Comment